CITY BANNER 04.png
SHINGLE SPRINGS
18025215_02.jpg

Shingle Springs was established at the site of a mining camp by "48-ers," miners who had come to California in 1848 to strike it rich in the burgeoning gold rush. The name of the town comes from a shingle mill that produced up to 16,000 shingles per day and cold springs which ran through the town.